It might seem too simple to believe that there are only 5 Keys to Career Search Success but believe it. If you follow these 5 Keys and poor your whole self into them you will find the career that you have dreamed of. Do not settle for a job. Find a career that gives you sense of purpose in your life.
1. Know Yourself- Do you know that answers to these questions... What motivates you in life? What time of day are you most productive? What gets you in the work "Zone"?
2. Get Specific- Blanketing the job market with a general resume is NOT going to result in a career. What are you best at doing? Have you aligned your education and work experience to highlight what that is?
3. Brand Yourself- Once you know yourself well and understand your specific field of interest it is time to market yourself. Create a resume for EACH job posting, cover letter that highlights your professional strengths, and an elevator pitch.
4. NETWORK!!! Share with everyone you know what you are looking for. Practice your elevator pitch with as many people as possible. 80% of jobs are never listed so... you never know when you are talking to a potential employer.
5. Be Positive and Persistent- Don't give up on the process. Keep smiling and opportunities will present themselves with your hard work!
Kyle Laver &